Random thoughts in a busy life

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Returned from Xi'an

I had a real vacation back to China last week. When I mean real vacation, I went back to Xi'an along and spent 4.5 days without worrying about anything in the world. That is a real vacation, the last time I did this was about 6 years ago when I visited BJ.

Before writing this post, I read my previous post since it is a major post for me after a few years of absence. I think I should update all these points accordingly:

  • One of the key person in my group moved out. Maybe he is bored and would like to try something new. Maybe he feels the ceiling in our group. Anyhow that gives me the perfect opportunity to succeed his role and make myself the most influential person in our group. I talked to my manager right after I came back from vacation. It is time to carry out my career plan and seize the opportunity within this company. I should focus on my work and spend as much time and energy on it to make sure I will be the person in charge.
  • Nothing much changed for personal life. I decided not to give her the answer she needs if the interview schedule arrives. Let's see what will happen afterwards.
  • I still cough and feel shortness breath sometime. That is really not a good sign. I should be more careful about this.
  • The recent market turmoil gives a strong buy signal. I should be disciplined to invest more in this environment. That is what I plan to do in the next few months and years. I have a feeling that the market will bounce back in a few years and now is the best time to put more money in the market.
  • Xi'an vacation tells me something important. If you have enough money, you can do a lot of things differently. That is my goal.
Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home